Friday, May 27, 2011

Some Shabby Chic Antique Inspiration

A couple days ago I went and checked out Forget-Me-Not Antiques. It's a newer antique store in the Hyde Park area of Boise (they've only been open since October). And although I didn't really need anything, I just wanted to go see what they had. And...I loved the things they had! And even though all I ended up buying was a few big, wooden dominoes, I felt inspired! The store was a bit different in that there wasn't a lot of color...almost everything they had was neutral in color, and it made for a really unique look! (sorta reminded me of Rayette's "White Out" Challenge from the Craft Warehouse Blog Party this past weekend) Anyway...here are a few examples of  why I love "shabby chic" antiques...(check out the cool newspaper dress on the wire dress form and the paper wreath in the 3rd photo)...





1 comment:

  1. Cara, do you know anyone who is good at Shabby Chic decorating who could help me at a reasonable price? I love Shabby Chic items, but can't figure out how to put them together to make them "work"!

    ReplyDelete