Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Craft Warehouse's "Your Story" Layout Challenge

As part of the Craft Warehouse Blog Party this past weekend, we were challenged by Laura Cook to create a layout about ourselves. I have NEVER done this before, as I'm not a big fan of being in front of a camera (I much prefer to be behind it). But what did appeal to me about this challenge is that I thought it would be nice for Ellie (especially years from now) to know a little bit about me at this time in my life (as my scrapbooks will eventually be passed on to her). So here's the result:
First I want to thank my friend, Anissa Hayes (AH Photography) for taking my photo (you're awesome Anissa!)--she took it because I needed a head-shot for the Craft Warehouse Design Team page, and it worked out great for this layout too! My layout was also inspired from a layout in "52 Scrapbooking Challenges" by Elsie Flannigan. I loved her use of bright strips of ribbon and patterned paper as her entire background, and I wanted to try it. I just used strips of ribbon and paper from my "scraps" stash (a great way to use them up!)...and I added flowers by Making Memories (pink and blue) and Prima (orange polka dot) and a brad from Making Memories. The photo corner punch is from Stampin' Up. If you've never done a page like this I really encourage you to...it's kinda fun thinking of all the different things you love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment