Friday, August 26, 2011

An Easy Lemon Cookie Recipe

As you may have noticed, up until yesterday I hadn't blogged in awhile. Our church (actually a small church plant) decided that for the month of August we would fast and pray for our neighbors (as this is the reason we all moved here--to make connections in our neighborhoods and share the gospel with people). So each week of August, I have given up something different  (fasting helps remind us to pray too)...and last week it was Internet for me (other than email)...as I was spending WAY to much time online...mostly "just looking" at stuff. Well, I wasn't perfect, but I did pretty well, and thus I didn't post to my blog at all last week. It's amazing what else I was able to get done (more time spent with Ellie, I read a couple books, and was able get my house really clean!). 



Both books I read were murder mysteries by Joanne Fluke. I love murder mysteries, and these are really "clean" books too, so I really enjoy them (this is kinda hard to find in the murder mystery genre). PLUS she includes lots of recipes in her books (mostly cookies!!) which I think is just awesome! 

So yesterday I tried out a new cookie from her "Candy Cane Murder" book.

They were so simple (only 4 ingredients) and so yummy (really light and refreshing for summer).
LEMON WHIPPERSNAPPERS

1 package (approx. 18 oz) lemon cake mix (for a 9x13 pan)
2 cups Cool Whip (8 oz container)
1 large beaten egg (just whip it in a glass with a fork)
1/2 cup powdered sugar (in a separate bowl)

Combine dry cake mix, Cool Whip and beaten egg in a large bowl. Stir till it's well mixed.

Drop by teaspoon into bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat the cookie dough.

Place the coated cookie drops on a greased cookie sheet, 12 cookies to a sheet.

Bake at 350 F for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool for about 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Make approximately 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment