Saturday, August 13, 2011

My July/August Layout

I started working on this layout from Ellie's "Princess Camp" experience last summer before I went to Bend, but it just didn't feel complete. If I had completed it in July, it would have been my only "personal" layout  that I finished that month. But, nope, I can't even say that because I didn't finish it till today. Sad, but true (I hope it's not my only layout this month--ugh!)! I really wish I could find more time to scrapbook, but other things just come first.

As I said, I started this a few weeks ago (it looked completely different when I started...and I did NOT like it at all (and was sure I'd have to reprint photos and start completely over again--but the photos weren't even that great--kinda blurry). So I walked away from it for quite awhile--to me that's better than having a page I don't like at all! A few days later I completely rearranged the photos and got out my scalloped circle punches in hopes of salvaging the photos (and it actually helped I think, because imperfect photos always seem to look better smaller:o)). That was before I left for our Bend vacation, but even with some help and input from Pete (he really is very helpful to bounce ideas off of, and he's always very honest) I still wasn't loving it so much. When I came back from my trip, I decided to try a few more things like adding some small butterflies and a "double scalloped" edge (scalloped edge border plus multi-patterned paper circles to create a larger scalloped border too). That seemed to have done the trick, and I think I'm done now! 

So that's my advice...if you find yourself "stuck" on a page...walk away from it for awhile (aka...a day or two or seven:o)) (you may even have to walk-away a couple times), then come back and try a fresh approach or add a few items. 

Here's the final result:
Patterned Paper and "Believe in Yourself" Die Cut (My Mind's Eye), Light Blue Cardstock-Bazzill Basics, Large Butterflies (Die Cut Paper-KI Memories), Small Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts), Clear Bling Swirls (Colorbok at Target), Pink Bling-(Queen & Co. at Craft Warehouse), Blue Bling (Colorbok), Pink and Blue Buttons (My Stash), Pink Ribbon (Michaels), Scalloped Punches (Marvy Uchida), Circle Punch (McGill),  Scalloped Edge Punch (Stampin' Up), Inks & Ink Dauber (Close to My Heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment