Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Cardmaking Day

Yes, yes, yes....Happy World-Cardmaking Day Everyone!

Ok, I know not everyone out there is a card-maker...but I still think it's pretty cool that there's a holiday out there (always the first Saturday in October, in case you were wondering) to celebrate how special it is to make (and, of course, receive) a specially made greeting card. 

I was a card-maker way before I was scrapbooker and I still have a passion for making cards. So, I wanted to give you some inspiration. All of these cards are simple to make...I mostly use patterned paper, punches and stickers (and foam tape to add dimension!).

These first three are brand-new creations...and the last four are past favorites. Hope you enjoy...and leave inspired to go create a handmade card to send to your "someone special'!!!

This fun card started with the cute banner journaling card. 
Journaling Card, Bird sticker, "Happy" sticker (Echo Park) 
Aqua paper (Crate Paper)
Yellow Paper (American Crafts)
Alpha stickers (October Afternoon)

Pretty & feminine...and simple too! I used twine, a small circle punch (punched half-way) and a fussy-cut rose bunch.
Rose paper (October Afternoon)
Red paper (Paper Trey Ink)
Yellow paper (Lasting Impressions)
Happy Birthday stamp (Paper Trey Ink)

This one could be for a guy or a gal...I used my punches (corner, scalloped circle, and regular circle) and added a cute little owl sticker.
Aqua paper (Crate Paper)
 Happy Birthday stamp (Paper Trey Ink)
Splatter Stamp (Stampin Up!)
Stickers-owl & cloud (Sticker King)
 
 Great way to use up some scraps. I fussy-cut the stars from some Echo Park paper, but you could also use a punch. 

Still one of my favorite designs...especially for a masculine card! All paper from My Minds Eye.

Another one of my favorites for a guy!
All paper from Theresa Collins.

And my favorite holiday card has to be this cute little guy! Again, so easy with punches and this cute little elf sticker from Doodlebug.

2 comments:

  1. You're so good! Love every single one of these! That first one is especially cute--I love how you seemlessly mixed from different companies for one darling card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across this post via a google search, and I adore the second card. I want to make them for my daughter's first birthday invitations- where can I find the rose cut out? Thanks so much! Adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete